Shellfish Sales and Marketing Manager
This is a Sales position responsible for the management and increasing growth of Jamestown Seafood and Jamestown Point Whitney Shellfish Hatchery product lines, including direct sales to new and existing customers, as well as industry relations. Increased growth will be accomplished through direct sales, contact with customers, brokers, vendors, professional associations, culinary specialists, analysis of sales, history, suggesting programs, and participating in sales and marketing activities. The Shellfish Sales and Marketing Manager reports directly to the Jamestown Seafood CEO.
- Drives seafood sales opportunities by collaborating with Operations Manager, Jamestown Seafood leadership and Aquaculture management in developing successful sales strategy in growing profitable sales and meeting profit goals.
- Leverages data to prioritize customer opportunity targets and customer interactions within defined sales regions.
- Develops and implement a sales/marketing plan for the selected categories consistent with the sales and profit objectives of the company.
- Prepares and presents products to meet the needs of the customer and takes a direct role in sales and price growth on reviewed customers.
- Provides feedback on product quality, product integrity, customer satisfaction, perceived value and competition.
- Works with assigned target regions and sets goals with input from Jamestown leadership, Operations Managers, and Aquaculture Managers.
- Active involvement in all Jamestown Seafood special events such as seafood/aquaculture shows, sales meetings, external associations or industry events.
- Regularly conducts general sales meeting sessions.
- Records all sales support calls in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Coordinates shellfish inventory with Operations Manager and Aquaculture Managers.
- Develops and maintains relationships with customers, chefs and team members.
- Maintains active presence on social media platforms and updates website(s) as needed.
- Develops a drop ship, direct to customer sales plan
Industry Liaison Role:
- The Shellfish Sales and Marketing Manager will present at aquaculture conferences, tribal meetings and other events as needed.
- Work with Aquaculture Program Directors to negotiate agreements with partner tribes, universities, and government agencies.
- Explore community development opportunities for tribal citizens working in aquaculture.
- Assist in coordination of aquaculture research.
- A college degree (non-=technical discipline) or multi-craft skills acquired through extensive on the job training or apprenticeship programs or in depth industry and job specific technical skills acquired through a combination of formal instruction and on the job training
- 5-8 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in seafood knowledge and trends preferred
- Food Service Industry experience preferred
- Foreign language skills a plus, Spanish/Chinese preferred
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with a driving record that meets company minimum standards.
- Must maintain current automobile insurance requirements
Integrity & Accountability
- Speaks and acts with complete honesty and trustworthiness
- Owns mistakes and promptly addresses them
Flexibility & Adaptability
- Promptly adjusts to new circumstances and modifies approach
- Demonstrates openness to changes and ideas
- Challenges status quo, identifies new approaches and spots untapped opportunities
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Anticipates and confronts issues and problems early on
- Uses facts and selects approaches that will work and have the greatest impact
Building Effective Relationships
- Proactively initiates connections with key stakeholders and team members.
- Responds to unexpected problems by encouraging dialogue
- Avoids volatile reaction and excessive criticism.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This work requires minor physical exertion such as short periods of standing, walking over rough and uneven surfaces, some recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Job requires average agility and dexterity.
Exposure to unfavorable environments such as weather, toxic laboratory & industrial chemicals, or confined, dirty and noisy locations. Employees may be required to use personal protective equipment such as masks, coats, gowns, boots, goggles, gloves or shields.
Notice: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and
responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instruction and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his/her supervisor.
- Planning and Organizing: Must establish courses of action for self to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Contributing to Team Success: Associate participates as a member of a Team to help the Team accomplish its goals.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environments, adjusts to new work structures and processes.
- Collaboration: Working effectively and collaborating with others, establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Customer Focus: Educates customers. Shares information with customers to build their understanding of issues and capabilities.
- Sets high standards of performance for self - assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of assignments or tasks, self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Must accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small, showing a concern for all aspects of the job, accurately checking processes and task; being watchful over time.
Employment type: Full Time