We have a very exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager who will responsible for overseeing the production and operation of the AquaBounty Ohio farm.
WE ARE AQUABOUNTY
AquaBounty is a small, but growing, company with a bold vision—to pioneer a sustainable and nutritious future by transforming aquaculture. We raise Atlantic salmon that is nutritious, delicious, fresh, and affordable.
From our CEO to our farm technicians, AquaBounty’s team members share a passionate belief that smarter, science-based aquaculture can change the world.
AquaBounty raises Atlantic salmon in carefully monitored, indoor, land-based farms. AquaBounty’s genetically engineered salmon, have been precision-bred to reach market size in approximately half the time of conventional salmon, with improved efficiency. AquaBounty’s Atlantic salmon was genetically engineered one time, 30 years ago, to help the fish during their early, most vulnerable stages of growth. AquaBounty’s salmon are the first bioengineered animal protein approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Health Canada for commercial production and human consumption.
- Excellence. We do our best every day to learn new skills and solve real problems that lead to a better world, a rewarding workplace, and fulfilled customers.
- Passion. We embrace an authentic belief in our mission and purpose through doing what we love and loving what we do with dedication and energy.
- Innovation. We pioneer change by enabling courage, curiosity, and creative thinking. Seeking continuous improvement of methods, practices, and technologies.
- Collaboration. Respecting our differences as we work together to achieve shared success, with humility, compassion, and open-mindedness.
The Production Manager is responsible for overseeing the production and operation of the AquaBounty Ohio farm. The role will involve planning and coordination of all production units withing the farm (except processing), making sure they have the resources (equipment and people) to ensure the operation follows safety standards and fish performance is expressed in maximal growth and low FCR and losses.
The role will require planning, recommending and implementing changes if necessary, across all production units to ensure consistency, continuous improvement, quality improvement and minimizing risk and fish losses
The production manager will:
- Ensure to have eggs from the egg supplier (PEI) in quantity in a timely manner.
- Ensure production equipment function properly and increase efficiencies.
- Ensure adequate scheduling of staff
- Make sure production process stays withing standards, budget, and deadline
- Monitor activities and production performance
- Manage budget and costing
- Motivate, support, and provide guidance to production staff, ensuring health and safety standards are met
- Communicate with upper management, regarding problems and or issues that could impact the production of the farm
- Evaluate necessary resources, establishing a balance between increased productivity and production cost
- Setting productivity goals for each unit
The Ideal Candidate
- Team Player. While you understand this role will require independent work, you are the first to pitch in when you feel that the team needs additional support.
- Dynamic. You understand that each day will be different and are flexible and accepting of the constant change in the tasks that will need to get done.
- Multi-Tasker. There will be a number of isolated components of the job that will need to get done simultaneously. You can prioritize and shift your concentration smoothly from one task to the next.
- Dependable. You make it a point to not only show up for work on time each day but to also produce consistent and quality work.
- Self-Driven. You have a proven track record of motivating yourself to take initiative and begin and complete tasks without external prodding.
- Solution-Oriented. You use your creative skills to come up with an effective solution when a problem arises.
- Believe in What We Do. You appreciate that you are part of a team that is caring for over 400k fish. Everything you do is driven by the compassion you have for the fish and their quality of life.
The role will require planning, recommending and implementing changes if necessary, across all production units to ensure consistency, continuous improvement, quality improvement and minimizing risk and fish losses.
As the Ideal Candidate you will have extensive Management and Production from salmon farming especially with RAS/Salmonid.
Within this, you will be a strong people manager, ensuring continued buy-in from the people who surround you. You will manage KPI performance, to ensure business needs and performance are maintained and improved. Being the main point at times you will need to be decisive, but keen to keep the business needs in mind at all times. Additionally you will manage equipment necessities for the different stages of operation growth and be involved in hiring and manage the production team: Hatchery, Nursery, Grow Out and Transfer.
Through a robust selection process, an outstanding candidate will have the opportunity to express their suitability to and gauge their compatibility with the AquaBounty Leadership team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our needs are unique and varied so we value colleagues with diverse backgrounds. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and/or protected veteran status.