Are you looking to take a step forwards with your career in the seafood sector? Do you have experience in delivering account growth? Do you go into every client meeting with a mindset of winning more business from them? If so, we want to hear from you!
WE ARE PACIFICO AQUACULTURE
Pacifico Aquaculture is the world’s first and only ocean-raised striped bass platform. The Company was founded in 2006 and is based in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico. Pacifico is a vertically integrated aquaculture platform with a proven operating model, significant new concession growth and a strong and growing blue-chip customer base. The Company’s ocean-raised striped bass has the potential to not only replace the seasonally constrained wild sources but also to present a unique alternative to more established premium fish offerings. Pacifico has always been committed to sustainable farming and has earned several farm and hatchery certifications, including a Seafood Watch Recommendation from Monterey Bay Aquarium, Whole Foods Supplier of the Year and a Heart Check Certification from the American Heart Association.
To support Pacifico Sales Team’s efforts in growing sales, primarily internationally while assisting in domestic sales in the U.S. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, this role will manage sales and grow client portfolio primarily on East Coast. Ultimately, the insight and experience in both the fish and seafood industry specifically the sustainable aquaculture industry will be key to the performance of our sales organization as we look to rapidly accelerate our growth. A result driven person that can execute a long-term Sales Strategy to deliver sales growth, market share targets is a must.
- Develop a deep understanding of aquaculture, our product, marketing and sales messaging, environmental standards, NGO and competitive landscape
- Practice sound judgment and discretion with company's best interest always in mind
- Establish sales objectives through forecasting through a sales process
- Expand the current, established customer base on East Coast.
- Negotiate sales contracts and oversee new account installations.
- Work across internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction; this position works closely with purchasing, inside sales , and accounting.
- Monitor internal, external, and competitor activity and report in meaningful and actionable way to management.
- Develop and meet annual sales quotas
- Implement sales programs and developing field sales action plans
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this role will be a driven and passionate seafood salesperson who is motivated to deliver sales targets. Ideally, you will have an bachelor or MBA based degree and will understand the inner works of a seafood industry. You will have a background in added value sales and have a track record of delivering sales to seafood on East Coast of United States.
- 4+ years sales experience with a focus on food service and retail clients managing minimum $5 million dollars plus in yearly sales.
- A modern mindset that understands how sales, marketing and markets are developing in our fast changing world.
- Proven history of achieve sales goals and objectives within a complex fish and Seafood business while at the same time managing a client portfolio
- Entrepreneurial mindset (recognizes and seizes business opportunities), strong doer, results driven
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and diplomacy skills
- Excellent sales methodology knowledge and skills allowing negotiate sales while still maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Key Accounts Management strategy
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Excellent analytical skills
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Through a robust selection process, an outstanding candidate will have the opportunity to express their suitability to and gauge their compatibility with the Pacifico Aquaculturre Leadership team.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our needs are unique and varied so we value colleagues with diverse backgrounds. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and/or protected veteran status.