Are you passionate about Quality Assurance & Compliance and looking for a new role? If so, we want to hear from you.
About Our Client
Our client's ownership of the company has a combined 100+ years of experience in food manufacturing and has always been family-owned and that gives us the freedom to do whatever it takes to deliver the finest quality seafood. It is this independence that allows us to put our customers, employees, and the responsible treatment of our ocean resources first.
When you join our client's team, you will be a driver of growth within the company and have the opportunity to learn from the best. Compensation is highly competitive with medical and dental fully paid for you and your family. 401k matching, HSA, FSA – we offer it all.
Senior Manager of Quality Assurance & Compliance is responsible for planning, developing, and directing process and product testing to ensure materials, parts, and products comply with established quality standards. The Quality Assurance & Compliance Senior Manager trains and reviews facility Quality Managers in quality standards, tools, and methods. Evaluates the performance of the production process and quality of resulting products to improve existing methods of operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Manager of Quality Assurance & Compliance requires knowledge of company and industry standards affecting product quality. Manages subordinate managers in compliance to company program standards.
- Direct hands on components of Quality and Compliance inspection processes and process improvement initiatives through the use of lean tools and methodologies
- With the Managerial and Supervisory staff, directs the day-to-day manufacturing operation as well as engages with operational management in the strategic design and change execution of new processes and product introductions.
- Provides strategic leadership to ensure lean Manufacturing, Quality & Compliance support for all manufacturing facilities.
- Important aspects of the position includes: protect the good name of our company, protect the health and welfare of our coworkers, provide a work environment that fosters employee satisfaction, utilize management skills to analyze corporate objectives, develop efficient plans, and implement actions to achieve agreed upon goals.
- Create and support Company quality initiatives by planning, communicating, and encouraging team and individual contributions toward the Company food safety and quality improvement efforts.
- Ensure controlled documents are periodically reviewed; establish and maintain full records lifecycle management system; maintain and improve the existing training program.
- Provide direction to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill. Educate/In-Service.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Must be proficient in English.
- USDC HACCP and GFSI certified.
- Four plus years’ experience in a managerial role in a related industry with proven expertise.
- Strong technical understanding of food manufacturing process flow.
- Very strong interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to take complex assignments and interpret them into working actions by the team.
- Strong understanding of food processing, food sanitation, food safety, worker safety, cost development.
- Demonstrated ability to make improvements to underperforming processes, which will result in cost benefits to the company.
- LEAN leadership expertise and experience preferred.
- Motivate, lead, gather, and understand information provided by all levels of workers.
- Able to travel 30% of the time between different Company Locations.
Directly Manage more than 3 locations. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees;; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems, manage the time control system according to system permits.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.