We are looking for an inspiring leader who will work hands on in the trenches and take the business to even greater heights! You will need experience working in a [agricultural / aquaculture] business, strong strategy development and implementation experience and be a decision maker and master problem solver.
The COO role is responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day running of our operations. The COO will report directly to the CEO, be required (from time-to-time) to present directly to the Board [and have full P&L responsibility for the business]. Working closely with key management, you will assume responsibility for the overall operation and areas of the business - Production, Processing, Supply/ Dispatch and Capital Projects.
WEARE: SEA FOREST
Sea Forest Limited is a market leader in a new and rapidly developing Asparagopsis market. Asparagopsis is a red seaweed which included in the diet of ruminants almost eliminates their methane emissions. With solid funding and industry backing in place, the company is well positioned to become a leading envirotech player in this market with rapid growth over the upcoming 2 years. The company is developing its 1500 ha marine farm at its Spring Bay location and its land-based aquaculture facility in Swansea, 2 hours north of Hobart.
The environment is dynamic, fast paced and solution focussed, with daily interactions being within a small, but rapidly growing team.
The Ideal Candidate
- A total of 8+ years’ experience in Leadership and Operations Management
- Of this, a minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a team / having direct reports (5+)
- Good working knowledge of financial and experience with managing budgets and costs.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify problems and to follow appropriate escalation and collaboration procedures to resolve.
- Be versatile in your thinking, having an eye for the finer details whilst also constantly reviewing the strategic progress we are making in developing our product.
- Hands-on, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of successfully developing people and teams to their fullest potential.
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of balancing multiple priorities in a high paced environment.
- A passion for learning new things and jumping into the unknown.
- A unique opportunity to lead an exciting Australian-owned technology start up that is focused on a global solution to climate change.
- Be part of a driven and energetic team
- A competitive salary package.
- Opportunity for growth and development as the business expands.
- Remuneration based on skills and level of experience.
- Sponsorship of the appropriate person with regards to Australian visa requirements.
Through a robust selection process, an outstanding candidate will have the opportunity to express their suitability to and gauge their compatibility with the Sea Forest Leadership team.