An exciting opportunity has arisen with American Aquafarms! As Content Manager you will be managing and creating content for the social media channels. You will be writing content for the social media, website as well as working on building the company brand. You will act as a brand ambassador.
Client Our next-generation technology addresses major challenges in the traditional aquaculture industry, through the use of an eco-friendly Closed Pen System that will set a new standard for salmon farming in the US. This eco-friendly technology eliminates fish escapes, controls waste from entering the ocean, and eliminates the threat from sea lice, with an overall low environmental impact.
Products from American Aquafarms will serve the US market demand for salmon, thus reducing the carbon footprint of long-distance air freight currently required for the majority of seafood imports to the US.
About the Job
You will be working closely with the Marketing Director, managing their content for their social media channels. In this role, you will represent the brand and be the external face of the company delivering TV, radio, interviews and written quotes for press. You will be expected to attend relevant events and shows (e.g. seafood shows, local events etc.), driving brand awareness for the company in the US and globally.
- Develop content strategy that aligns with marketing targets both long term and short term.
- Collaboratively design and develop site content٫ design٫ and layout alongside design and marketing teams.
- Conduct interviews for content generation • Generate and publish engaging content.
- Write, edit٫ proofread and posts when necessary.
- Ensure brand consistency by communicating effectively with writers.
- Optimize content according to SEO / Google Ads.
- Use content management systems to analyze website traffic and users engagement metrics.
- Increase web traffic across platforms by managing content distribution to online channels and social media.
- Keep content team on board with an editorial calendar.
- Ensure all data and work is legally compliant (e.g. copyright protection).
- Remain current on developments and generate new ideas to draw attention of audience.
The Ideal Candidate
You might have a few years of experience in a similar role, but be looking for a more progressive business with better progression opportunities. Either way, you will need to bring a passion for content management, social media, marketing and brand awareness and a drive to achieve the best results possible. You will need to have good experience across the Adobe suite of programmes, social media channels, content studios and a good understanding of how SEO works to ensure everything you do is optimized. Experience or knowledge of seafood, fisheries and/or aquaculture is very welcomed.