Are you passionate about Quality and looking for a new role? If so, we want to hear from you.
About Our Client
Our client a seafood processing company has a track record of success and is expanding their capacity and capabilities in a new facility located in the southern U.S. gulf coast region. They handle high volumes of a variety of fresh and frozen seafood from around the world. The company is dedicated to fostering the well-being of their employees and offers a myriad of benefits, a positive atmosphere and room to grow as the company does.
About the Job:
- Design, implement and certified HACCP plans and food safety programs.
- Monitor performance of quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiency.
- Instruct staff in quality control and analytical procedures.
- Design inbound raw material quality control. Implement and maintain the traceability system for raw material and products.
- Produce reports regarding non conformance of products or processes, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Oversee the QC staff. Create, review and update product specifications.
- Create, review and update raw material specifications.
- Approve suppliers to fulfill all industry standards and to improve quality of our products.
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup.
- Collect and analyze data to define better procedures.
- Commit to plant safety procedures.
- Audit the production and company performance using company procedures and industry standards.
- Administer collective bargaining agreements to be responsible of updating all internal procedures with new US or international regulations.
- Stay up to date with latest sanitary certifications
The Ideal Candidate:
- Extensive experience in food processing facility (ideally seafood) 4 years bachelor degree (Preferred Engineering) or comparable experience.
- Experience and certificate on HACCP, GFSI certification In-depth knowledge of project management and strategic planning.
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to promote efficiency toward achieving business objectives and profitability.
- Advanced knowledge of best business practices.
- Experience with budgets and financial reports, and monitoring expenses.
- Proficiency in business operations management software.