We are currently recruiting for our client in Saudi Arabia who are currently implementing a number of projects for the Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Environment (MEWA) to conduct research studies on marine and some freshwater fish with potential for aquaculture farming in the region. The main goal of the projects is to meet the Kingdom's strategic plan to boost aquaculture production and improve food security nationwide under sustainable and resilient approaches. We are delighted to be working with our client to help find a Aquaculture Scientist to support the senior research team to conduct experimental work in the field of nutrition and fish husbandry.
We seek an individual to conduct research in the field of nutrition and fish husbandry. The successful candidate will join the Aquaculture Development Program team to implement the ongoing and future projects in the university facilities or assigned aquaculture research centres.
The work involves:
- Planning, supervision, data/specimen collection and analysis of scientific trials on nutrition and management of selected marine species in either indoor or field conditions;
- Collaboration in formulation and preparation of experimental feeds for the planned trials
- Review of scientific data, methodologies, technologies for the revision of aquaculture research and development (R&D) or future planning;
- Under the guidance of senior team members, produce high-quality scientific publications, reports and dissemination material for workshops from project findings;
- Liaison with the public-private sector to coordinate R&D in the marine aquaculture sector;
- Support the team in planning, preparation of project calls, surveys and feasibility studies for the implementation of ongoing projects or for additional opportunities to fund related research;
- Perform any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time.
- PhD or Post-doc in Aquaculture, nutrition, animal physiology and experience in aquaculture systems management and R&D
- Experience in the application of analytical methodologies in R&D
- Good publication track record in relevant international journals.
- Good project planning and coordination (experimental design, purchasing, logistics)
Remuneration commensurate to experience. Salary is negotiable and very competitive compared to international standards. Incomes are almost tax-free. Comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) housing, dependent education, annual leave entitlement with return tickets to home country, comprehensive insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents.