We are currently recruiting for our client in Saudi Arabia who are currently implementing a number of projects for the Ministry of Agriculture, Water and Environment (MEWA) to conduct research studies on marine and some freshwater fish with potential for aquaculture farming in the region. The main goal of the projects is to meet the Kingdom's strategic plan to boost aquaculture production and improve food security nationwide under sustainable and resilient approaches. We are delighted to be working with our client to help find a Aquaculture Scientist to support the senior research team to conduct experimental work in the field of nutrition and fish husbandry.
The successful candidate will join the Aquaculture Development Program team to implement the ongoing and future projects in the university facilities or assigned aquaculture research centres.
The work involves:
- Coordination and supervision of staff involved in aquaculture operations, data/specimen collection, including some degree of analysis and database updates;
- Assistance of senior staff in the review of scientific data, literature, methodologies and technologies;
- Organization of experimental setups and fish transfer in compliance with safety conditions and animal wellbeing regulations;
- Collaboration in the preparation of experimental feeds, feed ration monitoring and data recording;
- Support the hatchery team in the preparation of natural foods for larvae, monitoring and breeding operations;
- Support the senior team in surveys and feasibility studies, procurement/data analysis and organization of data for the preparation of high quality reports or publications;
- Perform any other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time;
- MSc in any field of Aquaculture or Aquatic Resource Management, 2–5 years’ experience in aquaculture systems management and R&D;
- Experience in analytical methodologies in R&D is an advantage;
- Good knowledge and experience in scientific writing;
- A strong team player, proven ability to work with minimal supervision. Prompt response and coordination capacity in emergencies. Good project coordination (assistance in experimental design, logistics);
Salary is negotiable and very competitive compared to international standards. Incomes are almost tax-free. Comprehensive benefits including (but not limited to) housing, dependent education, annual leave entitlement with return tickets to home country, comprehensive insurance coverage for staff and eligible dependents.