Chief Executive Office
A fantastic and unique opportunity has arisen with American Aquafarms, who are introducing modern solutions to the major challenges in the traditional aquaculture industry through the use of eco-friendly closed pen systems, that will set a new international standard for fish farming, all based out of Maine, USA. We are seeking an ambitious and innovative CEO to take a lead role and join their growing team.
About our Client
Our next-generation technology addresses major challenges in the traditional aquaculture industry, through the use of an eco-friendly Closed Pen System that will set a new standard for salmon farming in the US. This eco-friendly technology eliminates fish escapes, controls waste from entering the ocean, and eliminates the threat from sea lice, with an overall low environmental impact.
Products from American Aquafarms will serve the US market demand for salmon, thus reducing the carbon footprint of long-distance air freight currently required for the majority of seafood imports to the US.
About the Role
The CEO we look for will make sure that the company’s culture is perfectly aligned with the company´s vision, mission, and values. You will be required to engage with a broad range of stakeholders including but not limited to business, industry and community stakeholders, organization and committee representatives, media, local, state and federal government representatives and staff on a wide range of issues, challenges and opportunities facing rural communities. You will also be responsible for the overall management, development and growth of American Aquafarms.
- Work with leadership to drive long-term strategic planning, annual planning, and quarterly leadership check-ins.
- Lead and deliver the successful implementation of medium and long-term strategy for the business including sustainable growth opportunities.
- Manage a cross functional management team to deliver objectives covering Operations, Finance, Commercial, People, Quality and Customer service.
- Lead and participate in development of public policy agenda and advocacy strategies. Promote American Aquafarms visibility and impact at all levels of local community, local and federal government. Develop and maintain relationships with key figures in relevant governmental and private agencies. Manage an effective advocacy program.
- Coach, counsel and provide leadership to direct reports on setting and meeting targets, building a high-performance culture through a proactive approach to people management.
- Track output measures and anticipate trends that compromise achievement of targets.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this position, you must be an experienced Executive in seafood and / or aquaculture industry, with an excellent proven track record of effective management throughout a business. The ability to communicate across all levels of the business and take a hands-on approach is a key aspect of what the business is about. Experience of motivating and challenging teams and individuals at all levels of an organisation, both directly and cross-functionally. You have deep experience and proven successful track record in executive roles and C-level operational experience with full P&L responsibility specifically in seafood industry. You have outstanding presentation and communication skills and the experience and proclivity to be an outgoing spokesperson, relationship builder. Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritize workload. Ability to network, influence and negotiate. Commercially aware and financially astute.
In return you will receive an attractive salary and benefits, along with an opportunity to work within a forward-thinking, innovative team and company with a vision that will set a new standard for fin fish farming both in Main and the US working culture.
If you would like further information on this role, please get in touch with Cristian for a confidential chat on (916) 385-7214 or email@example.com.