Our client is one New Zealand's largest food production and supply groups.New Zealand is world famous for its clean, green image and the consistently high quality of its produce. Our client always been at the forefront of that reputation, priding themselves on delivering healthy, sustainable, premium quality New Zealand primary produce and food products, harvested by our skilled, hardworking team.
The USA Retail BDM is responsible for the retail presence of our client range of products in the USA Market. The focus will be on our clients Fish and Mussel products although in the future may include Vegetable, Potato, and Ice Cream lines. This includes development and growth of our client Brand as well as own Private Label Brands. This responsibility includes the Strategic Planning in conjunction with our client upper Management, implementation of strategy, sales and merchandising as well as promotion and marketing within retail and consumer ready channels such as online sales channels.
At all times, the role is in support of the aims and objectives of our client as communicated with and by the Directors and Upper Management, as well as close liaison with the objectives of the Global Sales and Marketing teams.
- Develop and grow the sales revenue of our client seafood products include fish and aquaculture within the USA retail and online channels.
- Develop a growth strategy focused on both financial gain and customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key customers. This includes regular contact with category / procurement managers at identified channels to increase the products ranged at both a head office and state level as required.
- Develop business relationships with retail businesses that have private label sku’s and identify opportunities to tender and gain ranging where beneficial to our client.
- Identify and develop new product opportunities and effectively manage the launch of these products into the USA retail consumer ready sector. Work with General Managers of divisions on retail ready products and NPD plans.
- Complete administration as required to support the internal sales team. This may include receiving and entering orders, completing any required documentation, and maintaining our client terms of trade.
- Oversee and liaise with production, cool store, and freight departments to ensure orders are fulfilled and shipped by the required timeframe and supplied on the correct terms and to the correct specification.
- Presentation and management of promotional deals at head office and store level. This includes managing the stock levels, pricing and timing of these promotions.
- Forecasting for stock and packaging management, sales forecast for production planning.
- Manage and maintain all product GTIN’s to ensure compliant with market channels products are being sold in to.
- Liaise with foodservice manager with any leads and opportunities discovered in the marketplace.
- Deal professionally with any customer and internal complaints while always championing the company position and ensuring that complaints are rectified.
- Drive brand awareness of our client products thru planned marketing, trade shows and promotional activities. Manage this marketing spend to budget and ensuring cost/benefit analysis.
- Analyze sales data to monitor own performance and identify trends, assist with forecasting, and produce the required monthly sales reports as required.
- Undertake other projects/initiatives as required to support our client team.
The Ideal Candidate