We are seeking culinary sales specialists or chefs who are seeking a career transition. Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for food sales and want to be part of a growing company recognized as one of the leaders in our industry sector. Then this is your opportunity and we want to hear from you!
About our client
Our client, was inspired by a commitment to food quality, food security and environmental stewardship. Their goal is to raise the finest tasting, most sustainable Branzino (European Sea Bass) in North America as well as offering other top quality Recirculating Aquaculture System (“RAS”) produced species from other providers. By using a state-of-the-art, land-based biosecure RAS we are pairing expert husbandry with groundbreaking technology to provide the best growing conditions for our Branzino - allowing us to raise our fish without antibiotics, growth hormones, vaccinations or harmful chemicals while limiting detrimental impacts to the local environment or wild species. The end result is a fish that is of the highest quality that can be delivered, year-round, into the kitchens of the most reputable Foodservice and Retails businesses within 48 hours of harvest.
About the Role
As business is expanding and so is our sales team. We are now ready to grow our business by identifying and selling to high end foodservice and retail accounts throughout the US. We are building a top-quality brand that must be positioned in the market the right way which means we are looking for highly talented inside sales candidates.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and sell to all qualified foodservice and retail accounts within your assigned territory.
- Have excellent phone sales skills. • Identify product gaps and customer opportunities.
- Grow your territory, reach sales quotas. Demonstrate solid YOY growth in both number of accounts and revenue.
- Participate in new product development based on customer feedback.
- Utilize CRM systems on a daily basis.
- Write Sales Orders in our software system.
- Prepare annual forecasts and update against monthly actuals.
- Maintain positive customer communication and attitude.
- Work effectively as a part of a team
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have a strong entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for food sales and background in culinary sales or chefs who are seeking a career transition . You will be able to demonstrate your ability to grow a customer base, secure business orders and develop existing relationships. You will need to be comfortable dealing and negotiate with clients and secure business as well as having a proactive and driven work ethic to deliver results.
Some key talents you possess include:
- To have the ability to place our products as a high-end brand and to clearly differentiate between our fish and the competitions.
- You are a consultative salesperson.
- You are willing to be very well versed in RAS, our fish and the benefits associated with both. (You will receive full training)
- You are very organized, tenacious and driven.
- Degree preferred (Business, Marketing, Hospitality or Culinary Arts)
- 5 – 7 years of chef / restaurant management and / or culinary sales experience
- PC Skills and proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM software
What we offer
- Base Salary with commissions
- Paid Vacations
- Health care plan (vision and dental plans in the future)
- This position will be based out of CT