Are you a driven and hardworking Aquaculture Technician who has experience with RAS (recirculating aquaculture systems)? Are you looking for a new challenge with an aquaponics business, that designs and operates complete ecosystems of plants and fish in vertical farms? If that sounds like you then please get in touch.
About our Client
An innovative and ambitious company and team that designs and operates complete ecosystems of plants and fish in vertical farms, supplying these organic products to local grocers. They are currently expanding, opening a new cutting edge, fully automated facility in New York. More and larger farms are in the works. Their mission is to heal the broken food system and reconnect eaters with flavorful and nutritious local food.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for day-to-day operations for the recirculating aquaculture system. The core objective of aquaculture at this company is the production of fertilizer for the aquaponically grown leafy greens, however fish will also be sold commercially. Successful candidate will report to an Aquaculture Manager who will assist in planning and risk mitigation. An Aquaculture Farmer will assist you in daily execution.
This role also involves managing the aquaculture production systems efficiently and as autonomously as is feasible. This includes developing an accurate production plan to serve the business goals, anticipating fish health risks, and quickly and effectively responding to any emergent issues.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be the one who has about 3 years of experience with aquaculture production systems preferably with RAS, forward thinking and will embrace all aspects of a modern sustainable aquaponics business. Also you will have a bachelor's degree in aquaculture, fisheries, biology or marine science, strong work ethic and detail-oriented and management and organizational skills are a must.
Compensation and benefits
Annual salary based on experience, plus equity in the company.
You will have a dynamic work environment and benefits that include:
- Aetna Medical, Aetna and MetLife Dental, and Aetna Vision insurance; FSA/HSA plans; and HIPAA-compliant health advocates. Upward Farms contributes 78-100% of the premium for Medical benefits for employees and their families.
- Unlimited paid sick time. For extended illness, we offer short term disability.
- 10 days paid time off per year, depending on experience, in addition to paid holidays.
- For new parents, an extension of New York State’s paid family leave for up to 12 weeks of fully paid parental leave. This leave is in addition to Disability leave available to pregnant and postpartum mothers.
- Commuter benefits, discounted gym memberships, and other perks.
- Fresh salad and fish!