We are looking for our client an experienced and motivated scientist for a research position in conducting fish and crustacean nutrition research. Our client is expanding its research team in Prince Edward Island, Canada with a focus on providing R&D support and professional services to the aquaculture industry.
About our Client
Our client is a young and dynamic contract research organisation that provides feed and nutrition trial capability and advisory services to the global aquaculture sector. A joint US-Canada operation with facilities located in San Diego, California and in Victoria and Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada, their aquacultural expertise and experience combined with a solid background in cellular and molecular technologies and in vivo testing gives our client a unique advantage in delivering research-based solutions. Through its recent acquisition our client is now poised for a period of sustained growth with an ambition to have several facilities around the globe.
About the Role
As part of their research experience, the candidate will be expected to have:
- Participated in the development of the project rationale including the use of literature and research databases to build a project proposal.
- Demonstrated proficiency with study design to test a hypothesis using appropriate and defendable scientific methodology.
- Undertaken training and demonstrate an understanding of the policies and regulations associated with the use of animals in research.
- Worked both independently and as part of a team to achieve a research objective. The successful candidate may be responsible for supervision of interns and aquaculture.
- Shown a strong work ethic with the ability to set objectives and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Exhibited an ability to troubleshoot and propose creative solutions to technical problems encountered during the conduct of scientific research.
- Demonstrated an aptitude for communication of scientific results through the publication of articles in peer-reviewed journals and presentation on abstracts at scientific meetings.
- Proven themselves to be good team players with the ability to both supervise and respond well to supervision.
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this position it is necessary that you have a background in applied animal nutrition research. You must have an understanding of the fish nutrition market in general terms and have experience in and be prepared to carry out feed formulation/mixing, husbandry/rearing and research using live fish of multiple species. You must be independent, creative thinker with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Excellent communication skills along with problem-solving expertise are essential.
The successful candidate must at minimum have received a thesis-based doctoral degree in a relevant scientific field from an internationally recognized institution. An undergraduate degree/research experience and/or Masters of Science degree in a complimentary field would also be considered an asset. Experience that would be considered an advantage to a candidate for this position would be research experience in support of development of commercial products and research experience in a GLP or other strictly controlled regulatory environment.
For the successful candidate will be offered a very competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Only candidates selected for the next phase of the competition will be contacted.