Our client a private aquaculture innovation and research company, is seeking a Senior Research Scientist / Study Director to assist in the daily operations of its R&D Facility in Prince Edward Island.
About our Client
Our client is a young and dynamic contract research organisation that provides feed and nutrition trial capability and advisory services to the global aquaculture sector. A joint US-Canada operation with facilities located in San Diego, California and in Victoria and Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada, their aquacultural expertise and experience combined with a solid background in cellular and molecular technologies and in vivo testing gives our client a unique advantage in delivering research-based solutions. Through its recent acquisition our client is now poised for a period of sustained growth with an ambition to have several facilities around the globe.
About the Role
- This is a full‐time, permanent, position and will begin immediately with the successful candidate reporting to the Director of Fish Health. Our research team focuses on providing high quality contract R&D support and professional services to the global aquaculture industry.
- Study Director/ Principal Investigator for in vitro and/ or in vivo clinical and research trials
- Writing of protocols and reports • Analyses of data and production of study reports
- Designing and ensuring scientific integrity of experiments
- Care and maintenance of research animals including husbandry and animal welfare checks.
- Propagation and maintenance of pathogen isolates including use of standard cell culture and microbiological techniques.
- Development and revision of standard operating procedures. • Timely completion of all projects with a high degree of quality and excellence.
The Ideal Candidate
- A minimum University degree including Aquaculture; Animal Biology; Microbiology; Parasitology; Virology; Biochemistry; Immunology; Cell Biology/Physiology. Masters or PhD seen as an advantage, but not essential.
- Virology and/ or bacteriology experience • Experience working in a laboratory setting including responsibility for documenting tasks.
- Ability to work as part of a team in compliance with facility standard operating procedures.
- Research experience in a strictly controlled regulatory environment will be considered an asset.
- Willingness to learn new skills and to perform routine tasks.
- Demonstrable organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Fosters a positive work environment congruent with the company values and philosophy.
For the successful candidate will be offered a very competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Only candidates selected for the next phase of the competition will be contacted.