Experienced, capable and passionate about the aquaculture sector? We have an outstanding opportunity for a talented individual to provide leadership at our new, state of the art FeedTech Centre in Prince Edward Island, Canada.
About our Client
Our client is a young and dynamic contract research organisation that provides feed and nutrition trial capability and advisory services to the global aquaculture sector. A joint US-Canada operation with facilities located in San Diego, California and in Victoria and Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada, their aquacultural expertise and experience combined with a solid background in cellular and molecular technologies and in vivo testing gives our client a unique advantage in delivering research-based solutions. Through its recent acquisition our client is now poised for a period of sustained growth with an ambition to have several facilities around the globe.
About the Role
Responsible for the performance of this new $2M investment in the latest feed extrusion technology, the successful candidate will be customer focused, experienced in extrusion technologies, conversant with engineering technology and supply chain / inventory management. As a new business unit within our clients family, this is an exciting opportunity to have a big impact in a key area of growth for our business, servicing both internal requirements, and an external customer base. Not necessarily from within the Aquaculture sector, but with a proven track record in plant management and extrusion technologies, the successful candidate will be experienced in supply chain management, aware of the relevant regulatory requirements and have strong organizational and planning capabilities. This is an important leadership position within our client's team with management responsibilities for a small team, scaling with activity.
We’re looking for a pragmatic team player, who has a proven track record of delivery, unafraid to get their hands dirty and has the ambition to match our own ambitions.
- Supervises and manages the activities / production schedule for the FeedTech business.
- Builds strong and productive relationships with the different teams (Nutrition, Facilities & Health) and colleagues across the our client company.
- Liaises with clients to understand their needs and ensures the faultless delivery of the production process to exceed their expectations.
- Provides insight and recommendations on new business opportunities, whilst supporting the delivery of these projects.
- Proven problem solving history with a practical and pragmatic approach.
- Engages with regulatory agencies and supports corporate visits to the facility.
- Work with the QA manager to ensure that all SOPs and related documentation pertaining to company accreditations are achieved and maintained.
- Other duties as deemed appropriate by line management.
The Ideal Candidate
An ambitious and capable manager, not afraid to get their hands dirty or to promote our facility in front of senior client representatives:
- Previous experience in managing an extrusion production facility.
- A competent multi-tasker with a tack record of ‘getting things done'.
- Ability to supervise and coach staff, building a highly engaged and empowered team.
- A strong attention to detail with an ability to develop well-constructed protocols which meet client objectives.
- Good leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop a strong team is essential.
- An ability to effectively interact with colleagues throughout the organization.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Strong organizational and planning skills are essential.
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the job.
- An awareness of biosecurity and biosafety protocols for ingredient and feed manufacturing (e.g. HACCP).
- Driving license essential.
- Reliable, detail-oriented, organized, hard-working, self-motivated and accountable.
- Strong project management experience desirable.
For the successful candidate will be offered a very competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Only candidates selected for the next phase of the competition will be contacted.