We are seeking a motivated and client service-oriented individual to play a key role in the Business Development Department, responsible for sales and account management for our Genetics services business units and assisting with analysis of industry trends and new business development opportunities in the Genetics space.
About our Client
Our client is a young and dynamic contract research organisation that provides feed and nutrition trial capability and advisory services to the global aquaculture sector. A joint US-Canada operation with facilities located in San Diego, California and in Victoria and Souris, Prince Edward Island, Canada, their aquacultural expertise and experience combined with a solid background in cellular and molecular technologies and in vivo testing gives our client a unique advantage in delivering research-based solutions. Through its recent acquisition our client is now poised for a period of sustained growth with an ambition to have several facilities around the globe.
About the Role
As a valued member of our client results-driven team, the successful candidate will play an integral role in helping to ensure that our client meets its annual targets. They will also be expected to prioritize client relationships and deliver tailored solutions addressing client needs.
This position will report to the VP of Business Development. Location is flexible and will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Thorough understanding and communication of our client services in a manner that is relevant and specific to the needs of each client.
- Development and implementation of client focused sales strategies to achieve annual revenue targets and grow sales of our client products, technologies, and services.
- Assist in the development and management of account plans for key clients worldwide.
- Monitor Industry trends seeking sales opportunities and prospective clients.
- Collaborate with business unit leadership to develop and deliver service offerings that address client needs.
- Internal communication of industry trends, and competitor landscape.
- Assist in meeting established budget goals and broader departmental and corporate strategic initiatives.
- Aid in content development for various marketing channels (website, social media, print media).
- Attend and assist in arranging trade shows, technical meetings and client presentations.
Relevant bachelor or higher education in aquaculture or another relevant field. Training and experience focused on the applied research in the field of genetic improvement of aquatic species is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum three years relevant experience within the aquaculture industry.
- Practical experience with scientific research in the fields of breeding, genomics and genotyping and willingness to develop technical understanding in new fields.
- Capability to independently understand customers’ evolving needs and expectations.
- Professional communication skills including proficiency in English and the ability to proactively communicate relevant information appropriately including written and oral communications. Fluency in additional languages is an asset, though not required.
- Provide sales and technical support on an as-needed basis.
- Demonstrates business acumen with motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Practices diplomacy and discretion Professionalism and strong ethical standards.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and balance workload with minimal supervision Strong organizational, interpersonal, and follow-up skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Internet Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with an aptitude to learn other tools and applications quickly.
- Proactively collaborates with other colleagues with an ability to work across functions and levels to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to lift 25 kg Previous experience in marketing or sales and/or the bioscience industry would also be considered an asset.
- National and International travel is required.
For the successful candidate will be offered a very competitive remuneration and benefits package.
Only candidates selected for the next phase of the competition will be contacted.