Senior Director Alaska Operation
Our client, a growing and unique values-driven seafood company, seeks a seasoned seafood industry operations and management professional ready to drive innovation and help make change in the domestic, socially responsible seafood system.
About our Client
Our client a growing and unique values-driver seafood is now one of the nation’s largest and fastest-growing Community Supported Fisheries (CSF). Modelled after Community Supported Agriculture (CSA), our client provides high-quality, traceable seafood, with a purpose, to tens of thousands of home cooks in the Midwest and beyond.
About the Role:
The Senior Director of Alaska Operations will play a vital leadership role in expansion of the Company’s seafood processing operations in Alaska. This will include providing the necessary skill and expertise needed to choose among alternative growth strategies, as well as building and managing facilities, equipment, people, capital projects, and developing and implementing strategies that meet or exceed production goals, safeguard Company assets, and advance short and long-term interests. This is a challenging, year-round position that requires long hours during the production and construction seasons and travel as needed within Alaska and to the lower-48.
- Lead timely, on-budget, and successful completion of major capital projects.
- Effectively implement and monitor strategies that allow the Company to meet or exceed seafood production goals from Sitka-based facilities and partner processors, including oversight of company management in Alaska, successful operation and use of equipment, facilities, and effective production processes.
- Work with the Company leadership to ensure successful financial management and safeguard Company assets. Proactively identify and communicate financial risks to leadership.
- Lead multi-faceted decision-making processes to determine appropriate investments in the company’s processing capacity in Sitka and potentially in other coastal communities.
- Champion a culture, and develop the necessary procedures, that ensures a workplace focused on food safety, worker safety, and excellence in product quality.
- Evaluate and innovate in ways that drive achievement of overall Company goals and objectives that relate to the traceable, environmentally and socially responsible production of the highest quality seafood.
- Build infrastructure and staffing to support our fishermen as an unmatched buyer and partner
- Develop professional and harmonious working relationships with employees, fishermen, local community members, and regulatory agencies. Represent the company professionally and appropriately in interactions with others.
- Support continual improvement of supply chain processes across the Company including at our lower-48 packing and warehouse facilities.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field (equivalent experience considered).
- 10+ years of experience in a seafood processing and operations leadership position; experience building new plants, expanding plants.
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams of staff and contractors.
- Proven ability to oversee capital projects, food safety, worker safety, and quality aspects of seafood production.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing practices, experience with HAACP, and cold chain management.
- Dedication and understanding of how to produce premium quality fish and value-added production.
- Alignment with the social and environmental values of the Company.
PAY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary and benefits including employer subsidized health care, 401k + match, vacation/holiday PTO, and monthly seafood share.
- Monthly housing stipend and relocation package negotiable.
- Year-end bonus based on Company and individual performance.
- Opportunity for growth within the Company.