We are working exclusively with a very innovative RAS Atlantic Salmon business that is looking to take on a proactive, adaptive and hands-on Senior Director of Farming with extensive experience in RAS and Atlantic Salmon to develop, lead and oversee a new facility.
About our Client
Our client's driving force is the belief that modern genetics, married with technological advances in aquaculture production, can spur a radically more responsible and sustainable way of farming Atlantic salmon. Breakthroughs in modern bioscience have revitalized aquaculture and our client is at the forefront of this Blue Revolution. From their CEO to their farm technicians, all 62 employees share a passionate belief that smarter, science-based aquaculture can change the world — improving human health, conserving natural resources, and protecting our marine ecosystem while contributing to sustainable food production.
About the Role
You will be responsible for supporting the whole development process, pre-construction, construction and on-going management of an Atlantic salmon farm. The role is supported by managers that cover all aspects of nursery, grow-out and harvesting operations, along with maintenance and quality functions. To be a successful candidate, you will be an experienced Fish Farm Manager / Operations Director / RAS Facility Manager coming from the RAS/Aquaculture sector, specialized in Atlantic Salmon. It goes without saying, you will have excellent communication and leadership skills along with the ability to plan and manage your team workload accordingly.
- Assist with the development of engineering design incorporating fish management and operations including equipment and technology requirements.
- Determine the operational strategy to provide the highest level of fish care while meeting or exceeding the production plan.
- Comply with all quality standards and SOP’s, considering standards of operation and fish quality including optimal maintenance performance of all equipment and systems.
- Oversight of facility staffing including ensuring team members receive clear expectations, effective training, regular coaching, on-going feedback and positive reinforcement.
- Oversee Health and Safety policies, practices and on-going improvement, including the involvement of team members in safety activities implementation.
- Standardization of procedures and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures consistent with other client facilities.
- Champions methodical problem-solving activities and team member application of continual improvement.
- Attains production performance indicators for the facility within budget.
- Ensure that team members meet expectations related to all aspects of their assigned roles.
- Provide a safe working environment committed to minimizing safety incidents including monitoring performance against assigned safety targets and address gaps as needed.
- Build and maintain employee engagement and collaborative working relationships.
The Ideal Candidate
- Extensive experience with management processes related to Atlantic salmon production including facility construction.
- Bachelor’s/Master Degree in Biology, Aquaculture, agriculture, engineering or related field of study.
- Experienced in continuous improvement practices and principles including all aspects of related management systems and team member development.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
- Methods for addressing cost implications of salmon or similar production systems.
For the successful candidate will be offered a very competitive remuneration and benefits package.