This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and fast growing shellfish farm who are committed to supplying an excellent standard of product, with the vision to become one of the world’s leading shellfish farms.
About our Client
Our client operates, the Middle East’s first shellfish farm, producing gourmet pacific cupped oysters in the pristine Gulf of Oman catering to leading hotels, distributors, restaurants as well as Michelin-star chefs in the Middle East. The company is currently investing heavily into growing output with the vision to become one of the world’s leading shellfish farms. As part of this effort, it is seeking to hire an experienced Production Manager, capable of managing production, planning and operational activities including organizing and coordinating the oyster production teams that seed, process and harvest the oysters.
About the Role
The role, which reports to the Farm Manager will require the ability to work independently towards meeting the production objectives within a tight and demanding timeframe. As part of the management team, contribution to general managerial topics and clear leadership behaviour is anticipated.
It should be noted that our client grows at an exceptionally fast rate and the farm is expanding rapidly. Oyster spat is seeded on a monthly basis and processing and harvesting happens on a daily basis at scale. Any applicant should be highly organised and able to retain an overall strategic grip on the farms objectives while being able to manage the procedures and small details of daily operation. Ongoing statistical analysis and reporting is vital as well as strong interpersonal skills to manage a diverse international team spread across 3 sites.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proven Manager to join a young and dynamic team in the context of a unique growth story in the global fresh seafood industry today.
- Work with the leadership team to develop long and short-range plans for the farm.
- Work closely with the Farm Manager to meet overall farm objectives.
- Coordinating - working with other managers to coordinate crews and equipment to maximize company efficiency. There will be a regular plan of operations.
- Seeding – forecasting spat requirements and planning nursery then grow out planting
- Processing - predator control, tumbling, grading and re-bagging scheduling (Daily).
- Harvesting - projecting the harvest, then planning and executing harvesting and depuration in a systematic manner in close communication with sales team.
- Records – keeping farm data from seeding to harvest and maintaining up to date. Maintenance, ECOP (environmental codes of practice) & Safety records.
- Safety rules and policies - educate and enforce company rules, policies and safety procedures for crew members.
- Nursery and Depuration Room management
- Communication - maintain strong communication within all levels and functions in the organization.
- Educating crews on the company’s ECOP (environmental codes of practice).
- Maintain positive work environment and company morale.
- Be a role model in projecting and applying the company’s values (Productivity, Efficiency, Quality, Teamwork and Openness) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Participate in company events, as needed.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Production Manager and you will have experience working within shellfish sector especially with oysters. You will a great eye for detail, very organised and ambitious.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in English (written and spoken), other language skills of advantage
- 5+ years prior experience with aquaculture (ideally shellfish) is essential
- Demonstrable, in-depth understanding of the shellfish farming industry
- College degree preferred
- Very Strong planning and organisation skills
- Self-starting, follow-through and attention to detail attitude
- A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
- Open and inclusive attitude
- Production Planning
- Well organized, detail oriented and strong planning skills
- Ability to work independently, at times with little direction
- Strong and sound decision-making skills
- Team and Individual leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a crew
- of 50-60 individuals.
- Strong technology understanding: ability to learn and work with both mobile and
- computer technologies, including modern cloud based collaborative software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Boat and dive license an advantage
- Ability to work outdoors in hot weather conditions
If you meet the minimum requirements for this position please click on apply now.