The main focus of the position; Head – Quality & Food Safety Systems is to provide management, leadership and direction for the quality systems maintained by our client. These include internal quality assurance measures such as Standard Operating Procedures and externally certified systems such as ISO, HACCP, BRC, BAP, GAP and EU.
Head – Quality & Food Safety Systems effectively manages major functions (Systems & Capability Building, Branding Equity, system development, risk assessment, IPM system development) of the department according to schedules, priorities and necessities. These basically cover the following scope: Manages promotion of awareness to food safety among workers across the organization through policy establishment, systems development (Allergen Management, Sanitation validation, CAPA systems and skills training; Promotion of the “customer-focus” quality management principle in the organization; and ensure compliance to the requirements of Certification Standards on customer complaints handling, consumers sensory evaluation/survey, product recall and traceability..
In addition to his responsibilities for the operation of the department, the Head will take the role of the leading internal advisor for all the relevant aspects relating to quality systems, equipment and protocols.
Internally, the role must ensure that the department acts as a “business partner”, driving a culture of continuous improvement in business processes. Externally the role must collaborate with technology providers as both a contributor and a beneficiary.
- Manage and maintain all external certification, including ISO, HACCP, BRC, BAP, GAP and EU. This will include managing external relationships with certifying agencies.
- Develop and manage the budgets of the department, ensuring that the Quality & Food Safety Systems Department is adequately funded to achieve the agreed KPI’s and performance measures for the division meets financial and operational KPI’s
- Critically review, develop and implement quality assurance systems across an organization with significant depth and breadth.
- Ensure that the Quality Systems division acts as a “business partner” and enabler, driving a culture of continuous improvement in business processes.
- Design and implement reporting processes and structures which support cost effective business processes. This may include operating plans, compliance monitoring and auditing functions.
- Ensure that compliance with agreed standards and procedures will become a habit across the organizations considering that many employees will be on their own while performing their duties, many issues involved affect the complete organization in all location & at all times.
- Train and mentor employees to ensure development of their skills, including the specific development of Saudi employees through either a graduate program or traineeship.
- Masters of Science, Post Graduate degree in Aquaculture is preferred but can be substituted for appropriate quality systems experience.
- Quality management, HACCP, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Analytical Science.
- Minimum 8 years experience as Quality Assurance Manager within an organisation witch maintained more the one external certification.
- Development, implementation and maintenance of externally certified Quality Systems.
- Developing Staff and skills in essential areas of the operation, e.g. analysis, solution finding, service provision.
- Managing teams ( preferred Multi National/ Multi Cultural)
- Management report writing and presentation.
- Team building & team leadership based on good communication talent & skills and problem solving attitude ( multinational preferred)
- Relationship building across a multi-site operation.
- Must have practical exposure to quality assurance process, preferably in an agribusiness or aquaculture environment.
- Must have proven excellent English communication skills in both written and verbal forms, including the ability to articulate a position and provide convincing rationale for implementation.