Our client is adding a Hatchery Manager to their team of professionals. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of all production process of the Marine Fin Fish Hatchery.
The Hatchery Manager shall report to the On Land manager - Fish Division.
- Operation of the Hatchery.
- Ensure that the Hatcheries department meets both the strategic and operational needs of the On Land Division.
- Ensure the Hatchery operational excellence and focus on production Budget and annual On Land juveniles requirements production targets.
- Manage the Hatcheries monthly budgets, ensuring meets its financial and operational KPI’s.
- Maintain a focus on Productivity and develop and maintain ongoing “assess and improve” programs throughout the operations.
- Facilitate and develop a “results-driven” Hatchery team culture.
- Manage Hatcheries resource allocations, plans and timelines Update progress, problems and solutions.
- Establish and maintain functioning working relationships with others on Land FBU operational units.
- Ensure all Hatchery staff use proper PPE and observe the highest standards of hygiene and food safety at all times.
- Manage the Hatcheries Raw Materials purchasing.
- Manage the Hatcheries Maintenance program.
- Prepare and follow up Hatcheries Annual Budget.
- Evaluate Hatcheries staff and allocate KPIs
- Postgraduate or Degree in Aquaculture and or Biology.
- Five to Ten years of experience in Marine Fin Fish Hatchery operation.
- Excellent knowledge of Larvae rearing, Live Feed Production and Broodstock Management.
- You must have demonstrated ability with a large number of staff and labour force management, including efficiency management. Exposure from various nationalities is a MUST.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Marine Fin Fish Hatcheries processes required for developing and monitoring Hatcheries production.
- Leadership, team-building, project management, negotiating and problem-solving & decision making. Strong ability to organize, analyze, interpret and take sustainable corrective actions.
- High level of written and spoken English including the ability to articulate a position and provide convincing argument for support.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive remuneration and benefits package.