Job Position: Vice President of Sales
Job Classification: Sales
Reports to: CEO
Department: Sales & Marketing
Direct Reports: National Sales Manager, West Coast Sales Manager, East Coast Manager, Mexico Sales Manager, Demanding Planning Director, New Product Lead.
Education and/or Certifications and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree required with MBA preferred
Minimum Professional Experience:
- 5-10 years experience selling fish and seafood, in a fast-paced and competitive market sector that includes both U.S. domestic fish and seafood sales as well as internationally with an emphasis on Asia.
- 5+ years sales experience with a focus on large food service and retail clients managing minimum $20 million dollars plus in yearly sales.
- 3+ years sales management experience in a rapidly growing in the aquaculture industry
- Strategic Mindset to grow the business in sales side according with the Business Vision,
- Proven history of leading teams to achieve sales goals and objectives within a complex fish and Seafood business while at the same time managing a client portfolio
- Strong desire and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment, inspire them to perform at levels higher than industry standard
- Excellent coaching skills and sales methodology knowledge allowing you and your team to skillfully negotiate complex sales while still maintaining strong relationships
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as needed
- A modern mindset that understands how sales, marketing and markets are developing in our fast changing world.
To support Pacifico Sales Team’s efforts in growing sales, primarily internationally while assisting in domestic sales in the U.S. Reporting to the Co-CEO’s, this role will manage and mentor a team of sales executives and drive the strategies as laid out by the Board of Directors. Ultimately, the insight and experience in both the fish and seafood industry specifically the sustainable aquaculture industry will be key to the performance of our sales organization as we look to rapidly accelerate our growth. This position will be heavily consulted on strategic development decisions on the farm, within product development, marketing and sales decisions with the goal in mind to drive revenue through new customer acquisition and current customer expansion, meeting or exceeding all sales targets and performance metrics. A go getter that goes beyond the planning stage to set achievable goals for himself as well as the entire team. The ideal candidate will lead by example, a star performer that will not only train but guide the team to success. Someone that will take responsibility for the success of the entire team.
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor our experienced sales team to maximize their individual potential and professional growth as well as ability to function effectively as a team within this dynamic industry
- Build a culture of accountability and urgency by transparently leveraging metrics and reporting to drive the right behaviors
- Develop a deep understanding of aquaculture, our product, marketing and sales messaging, environmental standards, NGO and competitive landscape.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Support and assist team with all aspects of the sales process including CRM utilization, sales presentations, proposals, navigation of their unique needs and final close of the sales.
- Develop and maintain accurate forecasts of production on the farm, sales goals and budget needed to support it
- Build excellent working relationships with all of the key employees on the farm, in the office and broader team
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the production team and help prioritize specifications from the farm in an effort drive greater sales opportunities
- Work with operations and logistics to provide seamless logistical customer experiences
- Creatively identify and help drive new marketing programs to improve the Pacifico Brand
Business Knowledge, Skill Requirements, and Desired Attributes:
- Strong working knowledge of aquaculture production methods and merits, including sustainability attributes
- Hands on attitude, know how to do the business and how to organize it with the team
- Brings to the position a significant portfolio of industry relationships and customers
- Ability to work both in a senior leadership role and sales
- Ability to develop strong international sales
- Strong Computer skills in MS Office Suite
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other stakeholders
- Bilingual preferred
Remuneration is based on success. Bonuses for all will depend on sales. Base salary will be discussed in person but this position requires a tremendous effort and personal commitment
This position description reflects the general nature and level of essential work to be performed by employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of the position. Employees may be required to assist with special/periodic projects outside the defined scope of the job.