We are looking for a Technical Director. Head of Technical Department and Deputy to Head of Far East Division.
The position reports directly to Head of Far East Division of RFC.
- Organize and supervise maintenance procedures and repairs for the company vessels, according to the company technical policy and in compliance with the budget. Ensure that all maintenance and repair deadlines are met, including both onboard repairs during voyages and scheduled repairs and refurbishments at port;
- Ensure sustainable failure-free operations of vessel machinery and equipment.
- Determine the strategy for technical development of the company.
- Plan and manage implementation of new machinery and technological innovation of the company.
- Monitor technical condition of the company vessels, manage vessel repairs and refurbishment.
- Analyze and define necessary annual budgets for repairs, maintenance, spare parts, supplies, services for all types of technical operations aboard vessels.
- Conduct management of drawing up and approval of programs, plans and other relevant internal documents (operational plans, budget, reports, analytics, vessel repair & maintenance schedules).
- Approve and confirm annual purchase requisitions for vessel spare parts, equipment and materials according to the company policy.
- Manage preparation for tendering procedures with the purpose of choosing contractors for repair works according to company policies.
- Confirm protocols of agreement of the repairs contract volume with the contractors, discussing schedules for repairs and maintenance of the vessels.
- Control the budget expenses for all the company units regarding technical department area of responsibility.
- Conduct all the necessary interactions with contractors regarding technical department area of responsibility.
- Manage vessel preparations for RMRS, sanitary, fire, quarantine and other state service checks and surveillance. Ensure implementation of Company policies on labour conditions, safety and security.
- Manage Technical department operations and personnel.
- Maintain qualifications of the engineering corps of the seafarers and onshore personnel of the company. Conduct an objective analysis of the current and necessary competencies of vessel and shore technical specialists. Develop measures to improve the competitiveness of the engineering staff of the company. Ensure timely training and continued professional education for ship and shore engineers.
- Submit proposals and participate in the development of measures to improve the motivation of the engineering and technical staff of the company.
- Enhance and update the company's technical policy. Conduct ongoing analysis of current leading practices, development of management tools for the control of competent, efficient, lean operation of vessels and coastal complexes of the company. Guide in development of necessary recommendations, instructions and policies for the daily maintenance, repair and timely refurbishment of the vessels and shore facilities of the company.
- Plan, monitor and manage activities for appropriate implementation of the technical policy of the company.
Professional experience and knowledge
- Primary candidate possesses proved professional experience of 5+years in maintenance and repairs at sea and onshore, including planning the yearly vessel repairs, docking repairs, maintenance and repairs in between voyages. He possesses expertise in spare parts for repairs.
- Possesses knowledge of the current trends in shipbuilding, repairs, national and international classification standards (rules and regulations) in sphere of construction, technological and ecological safety of the vessels.
- Knows the current practice in pricing for maintenance, repair and shipbuilding practice worldwide.
- Knows the routine operations and participated in large vessels (preferably trawlers) repairs and refitting (including Russian, German, Poland and Spanish build vessels of the BATM, BMRT, MRKT types), experience as an engineer aboard fishing vessels, constructed after 2012 is an advantage.
- Acquaintance with Johnson Controls (ref plant), Seaonics (deck machinery), Haarslev (fishmeal plant), MAN main engines (propulsion), Parat (gas boilers) is an advantage.
- Chief engineer (or 2nd engineer) diploma, without limitations (3000 kW+), accepted by Russian Port authorities due to STSW convention is an advantage.
- Certificates from the major machinery vendors are welcome.
- Skills of planning, project management, negotiations with contractors are required.
- Cases of successful repairs operations both at sea and at the shipbuilding/repairing plants and facilities required.
- Good writing skills, operational Russian language proficiency is a requirement.
- Experienced PC user with skills in electronic documentation, proficient with MS Project and MS Office.
- Candidate holds a technical university diploma, preferably from a maritime university or academy, vessel engineer diploma (propulsion, electrical).
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, planning skills, capable of making fast and responsible decision.
- Result achievement-oriented type of person. Capable of following both quality and deadline type of goals.
- Strong communication skills, capable of negotiating with contractors, lead people by example and motivation.
- Active, dedicated, open for new opportunities and innovations.
- Ready to learn and teach others.
Competitive package. Compensation will be commensurate with experience and skills of a candidate.